Thursday, April 5, 2012

Changes

It's been a rough few months here....lots of changes, and maybe more to come. 

Work....well, Erin was leaving, so Livi was hired, and then Livi left, and Erin was still here, so she came back, but then she had some problems she had to work out, and now she's gone. Sue's mom died, so she's been dealing with that since before January 1st, and the funeral was last week. Her birthday is tomorrow, so Ed has her in Atlantic City to celebrate....eh....more to get her mind off of things.

Home...my critters...Aurora and Boxcar died within a week of each other this fall. I still dont know which was harder to deal with, Aurora who was such a shock, and so fast, or Boxcar, who I tried my best to save, and in the end, it wasnt to be. Raley....the newby who was left in front of Mary and Ray's house...what a blessing she has been. She's funny, and happy go lucky, and cheerful, and playful...and so loving and super smart. She keeps Herman running, and has become Trinity's faithful friend. Herman....King Herman. He is firmly King now....in charge of the house. Trinity is his partner...but Cassie and Raley definitely listen to him. He just looks to Trinity to be the muscle. Trinity...so proud of her. She has been incredibly wonderful!!! She adjusted to Raley so well. Trin has become quite the traveler and adaptor. She has now been to NY 6 times, PA once, Frederick- 3 times, Mom and Dad's- too many to count, Brian and MB's-twice, and GA-twice. She now comes back when called, or when I tap the horn, she's allowed to run at the Landing, unless there are others there. She swims after crabs, and sticks and more, and she's the dearest sweetest dog ever!!!!

The house....finally getting a few things done that I've wanted to do for a while. I got the spare bedroom mostly cleaned out of Pat's stuff. Still have some to go, and I'd really like to find a new home elsewhere for the desk monstrosity....elsewhere like the landfill, or a yardsale...or something like that. We'll see.

I've gotten into way too many projects....baby blanket, socks, big blanket knit along, cross stitch, so so so much more. And its kind of gotten out of hand. So...I say now...no more for now. (Of course, I will probably stop on the way home.) Thats not even including a few quilts....and photos....tons of photos.

I am trying to decide what to do this weekend. Because of some problems earlier in the week, I am not going to be able to go to NC. Mom and Dad are upset....very upset. Maybe later...I hope. I am thinking if it's nice, maybe Trin and I will drive up to Great Falls, or something like that. I dont know.


No comments: